Beacon’s face-to-face Work Readiness Programs
Face-to-face work readiness programs
Beacon’s series of half and one-day work readiness programs boost employability skills and build real-life connections to the world of work for young people in years 7 –12. Programs are designed to ensure young people feel more confident and prepared for their transition from education into the workforce.
Three tailored programs make up the work readiness suite;
- Prepare for year 7 – 8 (12-14 year olds);
- Polish for year 9 – 10 (14 – 16 years); and,
- Perform for year 11 – 12 (16 – 18 years).
Work readiness programs are great for schools because;
- Programs are delivered face-to-face by professional facilitators with the participation of volunteer business mentors. Many teachers and schools appreciate having key messages reinforced by non-teaching staff and the business community;
- Programs are delivered within school hours;
- Content aligns and extends beyond national work preparation or work studies curriculum objectives;
- Programs can be fully-funded by Beacon funders or purchased directly by schools at a subsidised rate.
Businesses sponsor, support and participate because each program;
- Helps young people to be stronger job applicants;
- Raises awareness of career opportunities and paths within their business or industry;
- Delivers a valuable professional development and volunteering opportunity for staff with a short time commitment of just 2 – 3 hours.